I just found this amazing recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites that uses no flour, no oil and no white sugar. It’s gluten-free and can be dairy-free if you use vegan chocolate chips. I doubled the recipe and added a few more pinches of salt and more chocolate chips. I also baked the cookies for 15-18 minutes instead of 10 minutes. (Just depends on how gooey you like your cookies.)
1 1/4 cups canned* chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (165 grams) natural peanut butter (can use PB2 from gym to make healthier, check your labels)
1/4 cup (80 grams) honey (agave would be amazing too!)
1 teaspoon baking powder**
a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn’t have salt in it
1/2 cup (90 grams) chocolate chips
* My can was a 400 gram can, 240 grams without the water, and I used all but a few tablespoons
** If you need grain-free baking powder, you can use 1 part cream of tartar + 1 part baking soda + 2 parts arrowroot.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they’re combined.
- Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
- With wet hands, form into 1 1/2″ balls. Place onto a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don’t do much rising. Bake for about 10 minutes.
Yields about fourteen 1 1/2″ cookie dough balls.
*** Don’t even try with regular peanut butter! They’ll come out oily. You MUST use natural peanut butter.