Adrenal Stress Index™ – an assessment for fatigue, brain fog, insomnia, blood sugar imbalances, headaches
Boulder Natural Health offers natural solutions for symptoms of adrenal gland imbalances such as fatigue, insomnia, blood sugar imbalances, headaches. We offer the Adrenal Stress Index™ from Diagnos-Techs via a saliva collection.
What are the adrenal glands?
The adrenal glands are two small glands each weighing three to five grams located above the kidneys. The adrenal glands secrete several important hormones in the body including cortisol, DHEA, testosterone, norepinephrine and epinephrine (adrenaline). Cortisol, DHEA and adrenaline are hormones that rise when the body is under acute stress.
The adrenal glands do not secrete hormones at a constant rate throughout the day. These hormones are released in a cycle with the highest levels released in the morning and the lowest levels released at night when functioning properly. The 24-hour cycle is called a circadian rhythm.
What happens when the adrenal glands are out of balance?
When the adrenal hormones are out of balance a person can experience any of the following conditions:
- Fatigue or chronic fatigue syndrome
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Brain fog
- Migraine headaches
- Hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia
- Hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism
- Food allergies or food intolerances
- Low sex drive
- Irregular menses or other hormonal imbalances
The Adrenal Stress Index Test (ASI™) is done by a collection of 4 saliva samples taken throughout the day and night to measure cortisol, DHEA and adrenaline hormones. It can evaluate stress maladaption, blood sugar control, immune function and gluten sensitivity.
Advantages of the ASI™
- The assessment is non-invasive and can be performed wherever you are.
- Saliva is collected under real-life conditions. There are no stressful blood draws and no gallon-sized urine containers to carry around for 24 hours.
- With blood and urine testing, a number of borderline adrenal conditions are missed due to lack of sensitivity. This is not the case with the ASI™, because samples are taken within one circadian cycle and the more definitive free fraction is measured.
- The ASI™ is an in-depth assessment that provides detailed information about your body’s adaptability to stress on many levels.
- Note: The ASI™ was invented and introduced by Diagnos-Techs, Inc. in 1989.
© Diagnos-Techs, Inc.